With some slight alterations to the earlier DIY Holiday Picture Frame Ornament post, you can also create a series of fun and fabulous luggage tags to give to all your traveler friends for the holidays.
What you will need:
– 1 sheet of 10 count plastic canvas (this will be enough to make several)
-1 sheet of felt with adhesive backing (I prefer white as it goes with multiple color ways)
-1 size 18 tapestry needle
-sharpie permanent markers to mark in design
-graph paper to chart out your design
-DMC tapestry wool or threads from your stash
1.Measure and cut canvas 23 holes x 39 holes. Do this twice. On one of the rectangles cut out center leaving a 3 row border on the outside.
3. Whipstitch / overcast the interior of the frame.
4. Cut out felt slightly smaller than the luggage tag and than adhere it to the backside of the back panel of your luggage tag.
5. Whipstitch the top edges of each rectangle (do not join together) This will provide the opening for you or your friend to slide their business card into. If you do not have a business card use a business card blank from your stationary store and decorate it with name and address.
6. Lastly whipstitch the two pieces together on the remaining three sides. Then affix to your case and go somewhere fun!