I have some fun projects lined up for the holidays. This versatile little DIY Holiday Picture Frame Ornament project is the perfect way to kick off the series.
What you will need:
-1 sheet 10 count plastic canvas
-1 sheet felt with adhesive backing
-1 size 18 tapestry needle
-sharpie permanent markers in 2 or 3 colors
-DMC tapestry wool, or another of fiber of your choosing in 3 colors
1. Measure and cut canvas 34 holes x 24 holes (approx. 3.5″ x 2.5″) x 2
2. Find the center point of the canvas and establish a repeat pattern. You can use different colored sharpies to mark in the different colored areas you will be stitching. Here are the patterns I used but feel free to be creative and adapt or come up with your own designs.
3. Cut out the opening in front panel leaving a 5 hole width around the edges of the frame.
5. Whipstitch / overcast the interior of the frame.
7. Whipstitch / overcast the tops of the frame but leave it open. Do not join together if you wish to be able to change out your picture.
8. Whipstitch remaining sides together and add thread or ribbin for hanging.
This can be easily adapted to create ID holders or luggage tags.